Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A typical night in goofytown

I bought a lunchbox from ebay a few weeks ago. It was the first time I ever bought anything from ebay. It all went fine and I got the lunchbox and we liked it and all. So tonight I got an email from ebay and the subject line was "You Have Feedback That You Need to Leave." How would you read that sentence? I originally read it that I was kicked off of ebay. Really, I thought ebay had received some feedback and I was now being asked to leave. I got really nervous! Then I realized that they were telling me that I need to leave my feedback for the seller. So either that's some unfortunate word choice or I have a serious persecution complex.

Greg was teasing me about something and he said to Ellie that I was a freaky hippie pinko commie and Ellie thought he said I was a freaky hippo. She thought that was hilarious. Then later Greg said I was the disturbing one in the family and Ellie decided that Greg should call me a disturbing hippo. She thought that was so hilarious that she couldn't even say it cause she was laughing so much. So calling me a disturbing hippo became a big bunch of fun for that night.

Ellie decided she needed to be by herself for awhile for the first time in her life. She went into her room and I brought her her dinner and she ate it on her school desk and she asked me to close the door please so she could be alone. I told her that Daddy and I would be at the dining room table if she wanted to join us and she said okay. Then she got into her pajamas and (sort of) brushed her teeth while we ate dinner and finally she came out and joined us. A sudden streak of independence.

2 comments:

Pegeen said...

So did Ellie talk about her solitary time? I guess you'll never be able to use "you'll have to eat by yourself" as a punishment. Hey, maybe you could all eat in her room. And she could cook.

Lisa said...

No, she didn't say anything about it. Just that she wanted to be alone. She ran off at the park yesterday and played by herself, too. Eventually she found some girls to play with, though.