Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I need a new profession

I'm thinking about making a career change, as the publishing industry appears to be circling the drain. What better time than now, when there are no jobs anyway? I'm thinking about:

Preschool teacher (Do crafts all day? Awesome. For $10/hour? Not so awesome.)
Porn (Probably as a set designer--I'm pretty shy)
Professional clown (Though I would constantly scare myself)
Medium (I think if I squint really hard, I might be able to see dead people.)
Gold-medal swimmer (Fast forward past all the swimming and straight to the bong hits, please.)
Some kind of position where you have to work insane hours for no money at the behest of someone who reminds you a lot of Napoleon (Oh, that's motherhood.)

Any other thoughts? Give em to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What better time to write a book? Did you read the Time magazine article about the improvement in e-reading? Have faith in yourself...

O'riley said...

That is an idea! I've been going to a writer's conference this week. It's huge and it's full of MFAs and published writers and poets and it is VERY intimidating! But inspiring as well.

Lisa said...

Oooops, that was me, Lisa. I was on someone else's account, accidentally.