Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm going to bring her in to negotiate peace in the middle east

Ellie: I want to do chores to make money.
Me: You mean like an allowance?
Ellie: What's an allowance?
Me: It's where you would have certain chores every day, and if you do those chores every day of the week, then at the end of the week you get money. Like one or two dollars or whatever it is.
Ellie: How about five dollars?
Me: Well, no, that would be too much.
Ellie: How about five cents?
Me: That would be too little. It would be somewhere between five cents and five dollars.
Ellie: How about four dollars?
Me: We would have to talk about it and work out what would happen.
Ellie: How about three dollars?
Me: We haven't even worked out the chores or anything.
Ellie: How about two dollars? I'll wash the dishes every morning and every night.
Me: Let's talk about this later.
Ellie: Okay, fine.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Hilarious!