Monday, May 11, 2009

Future scientist

Reading a book about butterflies to Ellie last night:

Me: The word Lepidoptera is Greek for butterfly.
Ellie: Why are lots of words in this book in Greek?
Me: Because scientists study butterflies and scientists use a lot of Greek words in their work.
Ellie: I want to be a scientist when I grow up.
Me: Great!
Ellie: Will I have to learn Greek?
Me: You'll have to learn some Greek words.
Ellie: I know a word in Greek.
Me: What word?
Ellie: Caca. Will I have to know caca if I'm a scientist?
Me: No.

5 comments:

Gerg said...

What does caca mean, Lisa?

Lisa said...

Look it up.

Aunt Lalie said...

Who is Gerg? And why doesn't he know caca? (I shouldn't talk ... I didn't know caca was Greek.)

Lisa said...

Gerg is a bit of a misspelling. Actually, I think caca might not be Greek, but Ellie thinks it is because the kids next door told her it was.

Gerthcen said...

Wasn't his email name once Gergery?
And I thought scientists use Latin...