Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm 'burbin with no bourbon

It seems like there has been so little to blog about lately.... Ellie is in school and she doesn't like her teacher because she is too strict. We are very slowly getting through boxes and finally starting to clear through everything we've piled up in the living room to reveal an empty room that we will have to fill with furniture. I've finished putting together Ellie's room and the upstairs bathroom and that's it. All of the other rooms are in various stages of put togetheredness. It's going to be a long process. We just got the water heater adjusted so that when we shower we don't have to choose between freezing or scalding. Ellie is the only one who has tried the jacuzzi tub in our bathroom so far, but it looks like fun.

And of course I feel like there's nuthin to blog about, so Aunt G suggested that I go back to memoirizing (I'm all about making up words tonight) and write another childhood anecdote. I think I just might do that in the next day or two, as soon as I can think of something to write about. Should I pick something heartwarming? Scary? Crazy? Funny? Depressing? Oh, there's so much to choose from.

4 comments:

Aunt G said...

So, what is blogging...work or play? If it's play, remember that you need that more than organized rooms. Not that organizing rooms is bad, just that you need balance. Writing enriches your soul, so just sit down and write whatever pops up. You can always delete!
Should I go back to checking this blog every day now? Hope so.

Lisa said...

You're right! I need to write more and think about the other stuff less.

Anonymous said...

So, every day in October?

Lisa said...

Yep! Every day!