We are in the new house! There are boxes everywhere and the place is overwhelming right now, but we still like it. It is in a subdivision, where I never ever thought I would be. In a cul de sac, even! But I don't mind. Ellie has already become best friends with the many girls in the cul de sac, all of whom are 8-10 years old. I can look out the window at her in the driveway jumping rope with the kids and feel like a total suburban mom. I don't have the minivan, though, so I'm not a total lost cause yet.
We have more space than we've ever had before, so it'll be a fun challenge to figure out what we need and set the place up. I'm off to Target and Home Depot so I can do my part to display the worst in American consumerism!
5 comments:
I am so happy for you, Suburban Mommy!!! Go out and buy shit!! (Sorry, I know it's a "family" blog. I couldn't contain myself.) Please send me your address so I can send you something wildly inapropriate (sp?, editor please.) Love you.
Thank you!! Oh and feel free to swear away on this blog. Really sailor it up. Some of my more sensitive readers might not like it, but I would LOVE it.
You were really holding it in while you were here, huh? LOL
Doncha love the 'burbs?
Are you too busy unpacking to blog?
Post a Comment