Sunday, November 1, 2009

First day of NaNoWriMo

I made it through the first day!!!! I have almost 2000 words written, and I didn't even get to start until after I got Ellie to bed. So that's an accomplishment.

I promise I won't write only about NaNoWriMo on this blog. That would get quite boring. But to those who asked, I decided to write about a cult. I've been fascinated by that whole phenomenon for a long time... way before my crazy experience with one. I remember as a kid I saw that made for TV movie about Jim Jones and I was riveted. It stayed with me for a long time. So I've decided to explore the topic.


As to folks reading it, probably not right away. If everything goes right, by the end of this month I will have written a really crappy novel. I can't write 2000 words a day of a novel and have it be any good at all. I will need to revise it and make it better before people can read it. But I hope that won't be too long after.

6 comments:

Gergery said...

Awesome! i'm so proud of you!

Gergery said...

Oh, and I'm sure you'll write MORE tomorrow. In fact, I think you'll have a month of MORE...

Aunt Lalie said...

I'm proud of you too. That's quite an undertaking, to write a novel. Even if it's not done in a month, you'll be well on your way. I, too, am looking forward to reading it. Hugs!!

Pegeen said...

Congratulations on your promising start. I know the story will be fabulous.

Mrs.E said...

You've started! Sometimes that's the hardest part.


Do we not get to read it until you've revised?

Loooking forward . . .

Love, Mrs. E

Genevieve said...

I think Mrs. E is my Mom! Just a hunch... OK, anyway, I'm sooooo excited about this novel thing. I hope you'll strongly consider letting me read it in it's early stages. I won't tell anyone and make them jealous. Let me know if you need me to do any sort of research-y type stuff for you. Undercover or otherwise. Love you!