Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last bit about New Orleans

Well, I'm kinda bored with my stories about New Orleans, and there isn't much to say about the last day there. We went to the Aquarium (cute otters and penguins), we walked along the Riverwalk stores (huge mall) and we met Greg at the convention after it was over. It rained intensely, so we were stuck inside most of the day. The highlight of the day was when Lee took us to his favorite restaurant in New Orleans, called Rio Mar. The food was excellent. Ellie was significantly less happy to be there than I was, though. She cannot (or will not) appreciate the delicate flavors of a perfectly cooked fish, coupled with a glass of wine that enhances every bite. Maybe it's because she's seven. I'm not convinced.

So she was very bored and very whiny and her butt was wet because of the wet seats in the cab ride over and she was all around an unpleasant dinner companion. She was lucky that Greg took pity on her and walked her back to the hotel and got her something she wanted to eat from another restaurant. Because when I have great food and wine in front of me, I take pity on no one.

We had to get up at crazy o'clock the next day to catch our flight back, and that was the end of our trip to NOLA!

1 comment:

Lee said...

I enjoyed that company very much, even the company of the very cute and still well behaved disappointed Ellie.