Friday, June 4, 2010

Just the audio

Here's a snippet of conversation from our house. See if you can figure out what's going on.

Ellie: OW!!
Friend: Does it hurt?
Ellie: Yeah.
Friend: I know. I did it a whole bunch to myself and it  hurt a lot but I still did it.
Ellie: Really?
Friend: Yeah. You want me to do it?
Ellie: Yeah, do it. OW!
Friend: Here, use this to wipe up the blood.
Ellie: Okay.
Friend: Should I keep doing it if it hurts?
Ellie: Yes, keep doing it even if I say ow, but if I say ow and start crying, then stop.
Me: You two need a code word. You know, like when... oh, never mind.
Ellie: Just keep doing it. I'm ready.
Friend: Okay.


Did you guess what was going on? Ellie's friend was trying to pull out her tooth! 

4 comments:

Aunt Lalie said...

It had better be a *long* time before she will need to use a code word!! Oh, never mind.

Aunt Gee said...

She is such a kick!
BTW, is the fad over yet?

Lisa said...

The fad is sort of over, I guess. It's hard to tell because it was banned from her classroom, so she's not talking about it much anymore. We'll see if it's a big thing over the summer!

Mrs. E said...

I didn't guess what was going on.

I was terribly relieved to find out!

One way to think about it is - Ellie has a good friend to share stuff with. (I'm thinking about Carina who goes thru the drama pretty much by herself.)