Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mommy's Day!!!!

It's been a fun Mother's Day so far! I got up at 7:30 and Greg had already given me coffee and coffee cake and the Sunday paper. Ellie woke me up but told me that I could stay in bed and read the paper but she wanted to sit in bed with me. So we sat in bed and ate and looked at the paper together. She said she was going to let me do whatever I want the whole day and she would be extra nice to me the whole day but she wasn't sure if she could be extra nice the WHOLE day. I told her to just do her best.

Then Ellie and Greg went out to make me a present while I sat and read the paper. They came back awhile later with a crown for me to wear and then Ellie decided my day to do whatever I want was over (at about 9am) and I needed to play with her. So Ellie and I played with blocks.

We're going to go to brunch later today and then swimming at the Y. Ellie is swimming really well. She can swim on her own for a long time and she's been diving off the side of the pool and doing front and back somersaults under the water. We were at the pool the other day with a girl in Ellie's class who is taking swim lessons. I told the girl's mom that I had signed Ellie up for swim lessons but they didn't start for a few weeks. The mom said, "But Ellie already knows how to swim." I do think she wouldn't get much out of a general swim class, so I'm going to look into more private lessons if it doesn't cost too much.

Ellie is taking a yoga class at the Y. She's done Down Dog and they show her how to breathe and they stand on their heads while the teacher holds their feet and they do an airplane move and the one where they stand on one leg while putting one foot on the other leg. I don't know the names of any of these moves. They are pen pals with a class in Hong Kong and the kids in Hong Kong sent Ellie's class some seashells they had painted. Ellie is going to bring in the seashells we found in Cancun to show her teacher and class. I'm getting Ellie set up in some camps for over the summer. She's in a week-long acting camp and I'm going to sign her up for the same camp she went to last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great life to me. I'll be interested to hear how she likes acting camp. She's a natural!
I'm glad you were treated well on mother's day.