Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Novel is not going well....

NaNoWriMo has been kind of a bust. I started strong and my word count just dwindled and dwindled. Once I started realizing that there was no way I was going to make the 50,000 word count by Nov 30, I kind of quit. I also switched my story in the middle of it, which made it hard to keep up momentum.

But I did start writing shorter stuff, which I will send to y'all. And I will keep writing the shorter stuff for now. And I promise to go back to writing on my blog. I'll try to do it every day!

In bloggy news, it seems that we are all allergic to the cat. She comes to sleep with Greg and me at night, and we are both snoring, snuffly messes, waking each other up and pushing each other to roll over and shut up.

Ellie is the most allergic of the three of us. Her nose completely closes up around the cat and she is constantly sniffing and rubbing her nose and eyes and looking miserable. But she loves Sophie more than she has ever loved any animal and she can't stop picking her up and hugging her and kissing her and forcing her to sit on the couch and watch TV. They have a very dysfunctional relationship.

So, I think the cat is going to go back soon. She's a wonderful cat, and Greg actually likes her enough to try to ride through this allergy thing. I don't know. It seems like it's not going to work out.

2 comments:

Pegeen said...

That is the saddest thing I've ever read. What will you do with Sophie then? On the happy side, I'm glad you're back with the blog.

Aunt Lalie said...

I'm allergic to cats, too, and I have four. When you get a chance, please call me and I'll tell you how I made it through. Hopefully it will help you too. Unless Sophie is already gone, of course.