Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Frontera Grill

Yes, I know I said I was going to try to write on my blog every day and I know that it's now a week later. But I had houseguests! It was Thanksgiving! There was a flood! A fire! A tidal wave!

Everything is less crazy now and my brother and his family went back to Denver and I took my dad back to his place yesterday, so things are back to normal now.

We had a nice time with Ted and family and they introduced me to a wonderful restaurant in the Loop called Frontera Grill. It's owned by an apparently famous guy who I had never heard of named Rick Bayless. He's got a show.

Oh. My. God. The food was incredible. I had the best margarita I ever had. The appetizers were guacamole and a flight of three different kinds of ceviche---unbelievable. Then duck. I will definitely go back again as soon as possible. We waited three hours to get in on a Friday night, but it was worth it.

4 comments:

Pegeen said...

Three hours??? With or without children?

Lisa said...

It was three hours with Teddy, but he was sleeping for most of it. And we were down the street having a few drinks beforehand, so the time went fast.

Aunt Lalie said...

Pictures! I must have PICTURES!! I never get any from Big Ted. (Sniff, sniff!!)

Gergery said...

I was gonna take you there til the 3 hour thing came up.