Thursday, August 19, 2010

The summer went fast

Let's see if I can post a blog post from the iPod.

So it was the first week of school and so I took the day Saturday to buy Ellie's school supplies. I have never gotten school supplies earlier than two days before school starts. I used to worry about it, but I've recently decided that Ellie is just going to have to accept that this is the mom she gets. I will never be an organized person.

The school supplies were pretty simple to get--all 70 bucks worth--except for the notebooks. The school insisted on non-perforated pages, and those do not exist. I went to Target. Staples. Office Max. Walgreens. I ended up in Walmart, where I witnessed an elderly woman assault a young girl with her motorized wheelchair. I'm pretty sure the girl was her granddaughter. The woman had driven her wheelchair off the aisle and into one of the clothing racks in the junior section and when I walked by, the teenager was leaning over the chair and saying, "You have to back up." The girl reached across and pushed a button on the chair to back it away from the rack. The woman yelled, "Get away from me!" and she hit a button and launched the chair right into the girl's knees. Now that's one mean old lady.

I decided screw Ellie's teacher, she's getting perforated sheets. I don't need this aggravation. I got myself out of the Walmart as fast as I could.

And that's about all that's happened in the last month.

Well, maybe more has happened. I'll think about it.

2 comments:

Pegeen said...

No mention of your theatrical debut?

Aunt Gee said...

Yes. Don't quit now...your fans are waiting!