Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My new blog

A blog about Ellie so the kith and kin can learn all about what's going on with our wonderful daughter.

We had a great time last night turning a big wardrobe box into a house. We cut out a big section for a door that swings open and closed. Then we cut out squares on two sides for windows and I sewed a piece of fabric for curtains. Then Ellie made a slit on the top to fit in a sign that she wrote "the bookstore" on. So that gave her the idea to get a bunch of her books and stack them up inside the box and have me come by and buy the books from her with a couple of dollars that she pulled out of her piggie bank. She wanted me to keep buying them, so she would say, "Oh you have a dollar? Then you can buy four books." So I would pick out the books I wanted and then she'd say, "well, there's a special, so you can have three more books." So I'd pick out three more and then she'd say, "actually, you can have five more books now." And pretty soon I'd have a stack of 15 books that would still only cost a dollar. Then she'd ask for my bookstore card and ID and say, "I have to show this to my boss and make a copy of it." So she'd go off to her room and say something to her "boss" and come back and I could buy the books. Then we'd bring the books back and I would pretend to be someone else buying books. She could play that game for a looooooooong time.

We're probably going to go swimming again today after school. We've been swimming a lot at the gym and Ellie is getting very very good. She can swim super fast with flippers on all the way from the shallow end to the deep end. She can float on her back and swim down to the bottom of the pool and even almost touch her hands to the bottom of the deep end, which is over my head. It's great fun in the afternoon and then when we get home we have dinner and Ellie is usually pretty tired by bedtime so it makes it a little easier to get her to bed. A little.

Well, I'll write more about Ellie (and maybe other things) if I get into this whole blogging thing. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it or not, but I may as well give it a try.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrific girl you have. I love your blog.

Lisa said...

Thank you! I'll try to keep it up with Ellie stories.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I love to hear about how my beautiful, wonderful niece is growing and learning new things. Love the house creation. Soon she'll be sewing with Mommy!

Lisa said...

Hi Aunt Lalie!!!