When Ellie woke me up one morning earlier this week, she practically jumped on me and squealed, "There's a little bit of snow on the ground!"
"Really?!" I said. I couldn't believe it.
"Let's get on our coats and go outside!" Ellie said. So before we had breakfast or got dressed for school or anything, we grabbed our coats, shoes, hats and gloves and headed out the door.
What Ellie meant by snow was that there was the faintest dusting of early morning frost across the grass.
We ran out to the grassy field and Ellie told me to hold her hands and carefully lay her down on the frosty dew for her first snow angel. After she stayed down for a minute with her arms and legs splayed out, I pulled her up again and we both admired the crushed grass she left behind in the vague shape of her body. "I can see where I was!" She yelled.
Then she ran over to scoop up the snow, and she managed to get two small, rapidly melting snow droplets to attach themselves to the edge of her glove. She ran inside, I think to put them in the freezer or something, but she made the mistake of showing them to Abby the Dog, who quickly licked them up. We decided to stay inside and get ready for school, and I warned her that by the time she got home from school all the snow would be gone.
I hope this will be a snowy winter. She will be amazed!
No comments:
Post a Comment