Let’s listen in as Greg and I whisper to each other in church during communion.
L: Are we supposed to walk up there and get the bread?
G: I don’t know.
L: Weren’t you confirmed here?
G: Yeah, but I don’t remember.
L: Oh, I think they’re bringing it to us.
(We both take a bit of bread off the tray and eat it.)
L: I ate my bread.
G: So did I.
L: Were we supposed to eat it right away?
G: (Looks around) Nope.
L: What should we do?!
G: Pretend you’re holding it. Like this. (presses thumb and forefinger together)
L: Look, she’s walking by with the tray.
G: Maybe we should ask for another one.
L: Just grab a couple.
G: They’re not hors d’ oeuvres.
L: Oh, she’s gone.
G: They're eating it now.
L: (pretending to eat) I’m pretty sure we’re going to hell.
G: (pretending to eat) Yeah, I knew that a long time ago.
L: Well, you, sure. But me, I thought I had a chance.
G: Nah.
1 comment:
Lisa, there is still hope for you.
Post a Comment