Those of you who know me very well are probably aware of the three things I've made it a rule to avoid in life: going to jail, being radioactive, and listening to the songs of ABBA.
Unfortunately, Ellie has now made it impossible to avoid that third thing. She has become obsessed with Mamma Mia. She was introduced to the movie over the weekend by the 4-year-old boy she played with, who is a HUGE fan. Now Ellie is a HUGE fan. She's watched it three times since yesterday, forcing me not only to listen to ABBA songs, but to listen to Pierce Brosnan sing ABBA songs. And when it's not on, she sings the songs to herself. Our friends gave her the lyrics printed out so she can read the songs and learn them better. I want to thank them for that.
She takes the printed out song lyrics to bed with her and we can faintly hear her singing, "Honey honey, how you thrill me, uh huh, honey honey. Honey honey, nearly killed me, uh huh, honey honey...." She took the printed out lyrics to school with her today so she could study the songs on the bus. She loves these songs.
I do not love these songs. I don't even love Dancing Queen. Dancing Queen is only fun when you're drunk and in a bar with a bunch of people who are all singing it together. So I guess I'm going to need to go buy a lot of tequila and hope that this phase passes before I find myself in rehab.
10 comments:
I like Abba.
I like Dancing Queen but only every few months, maybe.
Could be worse. She could be singing insipid TV theme songs over and over and over and--excuse me(takes shot of Tequila)--over and...
(Reposted with corrected punctuation. Dag nab it!)
I don't listen to ABBA, so I couldn't even say if I'd like the music, but just from the little bit that you wrote on your blog, nah, don't think I'd like it. Never saw the movie. Greg refuses to watch it with me and I'm not that eager to see it anyway. Lol.
Best of luck. You might want to introduce her to a singing group that you like and print out the words to it. Or start singing your group around the house. Hehe
This friend of hers is obviously a bad influence. Actually, you'd better hold off on the tequila, lest you end up also falling victim to your rule #1.
I love that she's studying the words. When did you get the DVD? Or did you just burn a copy of the CD?
I love that she's studying the words. When did you get the DVD? Or did you just burn a copy of the CD?
Our friends gave us the DVD to take with us on the trip home. So we'll give it back to them at some point... looking forward to that point.
I think maybe you need to see Muriel's Wedding - immediately. Maybe not Ellie, though...
Post a Comment