Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Peeping Lisa

Okay, here is the anecdote:

Ellie wanted to take her 2-year-old cousin to the bathroom while we were in a restaurant, so I went with them. They both wanted to go into the same stall and I said okay. But I wanted to keep an eye on them and make sure they weren't touching anything gross or doing anything they shouldn't, so I leaned my body up against the left side of the stall, peered into the space to the left of their door and just stood there quietly watching them.

They were fine--no mishaps--and when they were done, Ellie said, "Don't push that, you'll bother the lady over there." I thought, lady? What lady? And I moved my eyes from left to right and stared directly into the stall next to them where a woman was sitting. I had my head pressed up against her door the whole time! I think my feet were even sticking into her stall.

I have no idea how violated she felt, but I hope she heard me talking to the kids to get going and roll up their sleeves and wash their hands and etc etc. I hope she was a mom or at least a very understanding woman.

4 comments:

Gergery said...

You could blog about some other big news you've got, you know. Instead of your dirty bathroom habits.

I wonder what they could be...Aunt Lisa... I wonder....

Anonymous said...

I agree! Big news!!!

Not Hannah said...

Funny story, Lisa! I have TOTALLY been there with my kiddies.

Hey, because you don't have a feed, you aren't showing up on the updates on the NaBloWriMo blog roll. Just wanted to let you know, because it might cost you some potential readers.

Rockquelle, the Rollergirl Next Door said...

LOL Brilliant!