Ellie is desperate to wear glasses. She tries to trick me into thinking that things look blurry to her and often asks my advice on how to ruin her eyes.
So imagine my luck to find an article today about how more people are nearsighted than ever before. They think it has to do with all the close up work that people do these days on the computer and texting on cell phones. So I told Ellie that if she wants to wear glasses, she should read a lot. I said when I was a kid I read all the time and now I can't see a damn thing. We'll see how much of a motivation it is to read
3 comments:
How funny! Why is she so taken with glasses? I love your blog. Keep going!
I trust Ellie hasn't figured out how to get to your blog. You are deviously clever. Next you can have her take up needlepoint; that will wear out her eyes before anything!
I agree with you and with Aunt G ... reading a lot and needlepoint. Tell her to do both in the dark by candlelight and you'll be buying glasses in no time.
Or you can buy her glasses with no-power lenses, just so she can have that scholarly appearance.
Post a Comment