Saturday, December 19, 2009

Little Scarletts

Listening to Ellie and her friend playing in the house:

E: Pretend I fainted. THUD.
N: Pretend I fainted, too. THUD.

Brings me back to when I was a kid and G and I used to love to pretend to faint. Whenever we had the chance, we would find ourselves overcome with the vapors and we would throw ourselves on the floor. I always thought we fell so gracefully. Now I see that we were water buffaloes.

7 comments:

Pegeen said...

Made me laugh out loud! Is the fainting gene inherited?

Lisa said...

I think the overly dramatic gene is inherited.

Candice Runyon said...

Oh, Lisa. Me too. All the time as a kid! I think I still have trouble with my hip to this day because of it. I was absolutely delighted to get to use this 'skill' I thought I'd long developed on stage once in a play in high school. Thank goodness it was a melodrama! Don't think I really could have pulled off anything but a hammed up faint.

Aunt Lalie said...

You should set up a movie camera and see how overly dramatic she can be on film. Or would she be too shy?

Lisa said...

Hi Candice! So awesome that you did that too. I know if I even tried that now I would break a hip. Now I'll just enjoy watching Ellie.

Gergery said...

Aunt Lalie wanted overdramtic, so here you go...Ellie stars in the movies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRY1mA4c0YA

Genevieve said...

Ah yes... I feel very fortunate that I get to faint or fall down and die evey few years in my professional life. It's still one of my favorite things about the job.

Perhaps we have another actress on our hands??!!