Ellie and I were dancing around the house and she decided to change into a pretty dress to dance in. After she changed in her room, she told me to follow her into my room and wait for her while she went into my closet to find me something to wear. So I'm sitting on the bed and she yells from inside the closet, "Now, if I were you and I had your legs, I'd wear this!" And she jumps out of the closet holding a skirt. I know where she got it from---it's a line from the movie The Parent Trap. But she owned it. She was holding a floor-length skirt, so she obviously doesn't understand what the movie line means, which is just fine by me.
After we changed into dancing dresses, we did each other's hair and Greg put on a button-down shirt and a tie and we turned dinner into an extravagant ball. I still had to make dinner, so we decided that the normal cook was sick and I had to take over for her. We all drank water out of wine glasses and toasted to our wonderful party. Then Ellie painted tiger stripes on our faces with the makeup Nana left for her and we each put on one of the hats that Nana left for us. We had a lovely, elegant dinner with our fancy clothes, tiger-striped faces and white winter hats. Just another evening in Crazytown.
3 comments:
How awesome. Ellie will have great memories of her childhood. Love you all!!
Tell me you took pictures! I wish I'd seen that!
Is it bad that I recognized that quote right away, and yet my daughter is too young to have watched the movie?
Post a Comment