I did it! I wrote every day on my blog for the entire month of October!
Some of you astute readers might have noticed that my blog looks like I skipped one of the days and then posted twice on it the next day. That is not, in fact, true.
I wrote my post about my little chat with Oprah very late one night and just as I was finishing it, Ellie tapped me on the shoulder, having woken up in the middle of the night. I very quickly hit "Post" and went to deal with her. I came back the next morning only to find that my post had not posted and there was an error message. So even though I can't prove it, I really did write on my blog every single day/night of NaBloWriMo. This gives me hope for NaNoWriMo, even though for this next month I have to quintuple my average daily word count.
I hope I continue to blog regularly even though I don't have a mandatory post every day. FYI for the folks who suggested it, for NaNoWriMo, I am not going to write a novel about my dad. He is a great source of material, but I think he works better for essays or short stories than a novel. He is best in small doses. I also have this weird recent phenomenon of not remembering my childhood very well. It's freaking me out a little bit. I hope I wasn't sold into slavery as a kid because I really don't remember.
6 comments:
Congrats on meeting your goal. Maybe you and Gen can reconstruct the most "interesting" parts of your childhood.
How was Halloween in your neighborhood?
Halloween was great! It is quite the party in the neighborhood.
Nana and I have only patchy memories of our childhood, so you are not alone. I suppose we have to wait until the end of November to read your novel. Can you put out a teaser or two?
I'll miss your blog posts if you don't write very often!
Hi Lisa, - Boyd is here now & helping me to Comment on your blog properly. I so very much enjoyed your blog this past month! Am looking forward to the Novel!
Mrs. E
Congratulations! It was a lot of fun and in the process, I met new bloggy friends (like you!!) :)
Congratulations! It's been great reading your blog every day. Looking forward to the novel.
Post a Comment