Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's October 1----or is it?

I don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow, because I am driving to take my dad to the Dr. and it's a 2.5 hour drive each way. Once I figure in driving there, taking him to the appointment, buying groceries, listening to him talk about religion, and driving back again, that's all day and half the night.

So I've decided to try something cool and so bloggy. I am writing my post on Sept 30 and I am going to schedule it to post on October 1.

And here's my post for the day:

Ellie and I went on a rollerblading trip around the neighborhood today. She insisted on leading the way, but her speeds were so variable that it made it very difficult for me to skate---well, that and my poor skating skills. It was a good thing she was ahead of me, though, because whenever I started to fall, I just grabbed the back of her sweatshirt to save myself. Yeah, that's right. I don't care. I'll take her down with me.

I got my comeuppance when I actually did fall in front of a couple of boys who were playing in their driveway. Ellie stopped to look at them because she thought she knew them. I stopped behind her and we both stood there for a second or two before I fell straight forward onto my hands. Yes, I fell when I wasn't even moving. I was hoping the boys didn't notice, but Ellie yelling, "Mom!" didn't help.

Ellie had a great time holding up a stalk of wheat like a baton while she skated along announcing that we were The Nature Bears. She said that The Nature Bears is a group that wants to help nature and make it nice for everyone to look at. It sounded like the Girl Scouts and there were a lot of rules about who could be in The Nature Bears and what you had to do to be the leader but I didn't understand any of them.

On another note, I know that I promised before that I would write a childhood anecdote. Don't worry.... I still plan to add one. My early onset Alzheimer's is making it difficult to think of one, but I'll do it.

3 comments:

Nana said...

What a fantastic post for your first! How will you ever come up to that level again? Tho, I'm sure your expedition with your dad will provide some fun stuff.
You didn't way whether Ellie was embarrassed.

Nana said...

I meant "say."

Aunt Lalie said...

That's pretty cool ... blogging ahead of time and scheduling it to post. Maybe I can write a whole month of blogs in one sitting and have it just post on the different days. And none would be the wiser. Bwah-ha-ha-ha!