The front page of Yahoo! often has these little indexes comparing countries and cities around the world, and I've noticed a trend recently.
Do you know which country is the most livable? Norway. Do you know which city has the least pollution? Stockholm, Sweden. The top three countries with the happiest people are Denmark, Finland and The Netherlands. Finland is the most prosperous country when you take into account health, wealth and freedom of expression. And Denmark has the lowest energy consumption per unit of GDP (I have no idea what that means).
Those Nordic countries sound like paradise. Happiness, clean environment, prosperity, health, longevity, and cold winters! I think I'm living in the wrong place.
3 comments:
You really think Nana would allow you to take Ellie to live across the ocean? Ha!
Come live in Sandpoint. We have happy people for the most part. Drivers are usually courteous. Lots going on around town. Drop dead gorgeous scenery. And me! Plus we're only 48 degrees north (latitude) vs. Finland 61 degrees north. That means very short daylight hours. How on earth can those people be happy? Aren't they the ones who never smile but are nuts about the tango? Yes, definitely Sandpoint. Then my sister would HAVE to come visit here more often!
Sandpoint's supposed to get a whole bunch of snow!
Skandinavia is pretty nice, I'll admit, tho its really cold, and can be dark then light for a really long time
Well, Sandpoint looks lovely. And it's probably not as cold as Helsinki.
Post a Comment