Sunday, October 18, 2009

No cats... yet

The three of us went to the animal shelter to look at cats and see what Greg's thoughts were on the subject. He did find a very sweet cat named Precious who parked herself on his lap and didn't move. We thought about that one. We decided the name would have to change after Greg started calling her Precious in a Gollum voice. We asked a bit more about her and found out she has "litter box issues" and suddenly she wasn't so precious anymore.

Someone already adopted one of the kitties we wanted. The other one is still there, but who knows how long he will last. But there are 200 cats at the shelter right now, so I'm sure we can find a couple to bring home.

3 comments:

Nana said...

So Ellie is ok giving up on a dog?
It will be fun to go and hang out looking for the perfect kitty.

Aleta said...

I'm so laughing, because Gollum was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of the name too! I got Tigger from the SPCA. He was 5 years old when I got him. He seemed healthy, so I asked the lady if he was kitty litter trained and she said he was. So, I asked why he was up for adoption. She said that his previous owner was a 30 year old girl and she passed away. Her parents couldn't keep the cat so they brought him to the SPCA. I've had him since Katrina and he is just the sweetest, loving cat that loves to be around people!

Gergery said...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...