It's finally cold. It's been warmish, then coldish, then unseasonably warm. We had one of those crazy warm days where you turn to your neighbors and hold up your arms and smile and nod and look up at the sky in wonder at your luck. Now tonight it finally dipped below that number---is it 35? 38?---that changes the air into a different kind of cold.
It's fine with me. I even have thoughts of layering up and going for a walk in the woods. Or maybe to the Botanic Garden, which I bought a membership for just weeks before I moved too far away to want to go. But I know when I get there, I'll regret my idealistic notions that it will be reflective instead of painful. I'll last maybe 10 minutes before going inside. And this isn't even that bad---it's barely snowable.
Ellie asked if we could go back to California. She misses her friends back there and she wants the weather to be warmer. I told her it will be fun when the snow comes and she can grab her sled and go play. But she didn't seem that impressed. I hope she doesn't hate winter.
4 comments:
It's cold here too! Never got out of the 40's today and we have a winter storm advisory for tomorrow. You have to realize that if it truly does snow or (gasp!) ice over, then the entire city shuts down. No one can drive on the stuff, so everything shuts down for safety's sake. My first winter here, I was paid to stay home for 2 days because of the ice.
I hope Ellie doesn't hate winter either. Snow is beautiful and fun!
I thought she liked her new friends in the circle. Are they too old? I told Kathy P. that Ellie would be at church Sun., and I think her kids will be there.
She likes the kids in the circle, but now that it's cold they don't come out to play. So there's less socializing. Mainly I think she misses her friends back there. She'll have fun at church.
She'll like winter once she gets a snow day!
Post a Comment